Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Emotions of Emotion

Sometimes I wish I lived in England.  I like that people on the BBC don't get emotional.  Pretty much everything they talk about, whether it's a world disaster or a review of the next Harry Potter movie...it all sounds like a bedtime story being read by Mary Poppins.  I don't know if it's because I have 10 times too much testosterone in my system or if it's because emotional stuff just freaks me out...but all of the yackity yack about feelings and such just makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth most of the time. Maybe this is why most other women don't like me very much.  Maybe this is why I like gay men...it's just the right amount of brawn and barbie.  I don't know.  But when it comes to dealing with emotions, I like to take a very factual approach to the whole thing.  Sure, therapy is great, but after a certain point, I just want the formatted 'to-do' list on how to solve my problem...preferably no longer than a page cause I'm not long on patience either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be free with your bad, expressionary self just, you know, don't be a dick.